OFFICE MANAGER/ BOOKKEEPER
High Road Studio seeks a highly organized, responsible, collaborative, self-starter to oversee daily office management of our headquarters Tempe, AZ. This role manages administrative and HR support services, oversees general project/office scheduling, and maintains all day-to-day bookkeeping responsibilities. This person is responsible for contract administration, facilities management and insurance program administration. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of experience and the confidence to work independently, be motivated and able to work in a fast paced small office environment. This position reports to the Principal. This position is full-time.
01. Ensures effective administrative support for staff and company projects.
02. Coordinates staff meetings and maintains company calendar.
03. Supports external accounting firm and manages internal day-to-day bookkeeping.
04. Develops, documents, and implements administrative systems and procedures for phones and other communication systems, correspondence, document management, etc., and communicates policies to staff.
05. Oversees facilities, including leased space, maintenance needs, equipment, etc.
06. Manages IT consultants and needs, office IT infrastructure and software.
07. Coordinates with Principal and approved attorneys and HR consultants as needed for contract administration and staff management.
08. Coordinates and provides new staff orientation for new office hires.
09. Oversees insurance program for company including: group medical, dental, vision, workers’ compensation, business practice, and professional liability.
10. Design-focused responsibilities include:
11. Collecting information from prospective clients and directing incoming inquiries to the appropriate person.
12. Managing vendor presentations.
13. Keeping library samples organized.
14. Understanding of QBO to assist with billing.
15. Booking personal travel, appointments, etc. for Principal.
16. Running office errands and managing office supplies.
Desired Skills & Experience
01. Bachelor's’ degree with coursework in business preferred.
02. Five to ten years' experience in design or similar professional services industry as an Office Manager or Administrative Manager, including one year in a supervisory capacity.
03. Understanding of architecture and/or interior design systems and procedures and the construction process is strongly preferred.
04. Very strong editing, writing, grammatical, spelling, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
05. Able to evaluate and operate hardware such as printers, computers, cameras, and hard drives; operational understanding of word processing and administrative software.
06. Software: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Slack.
07. Finance: Ability to understand and manage an administrative budget, read, understand and analyze financials.
08. Basic graphic design and presentation skills.
09. Some travel required for miscellaneous projects.
10. Passion for design, cannabis and culture preferred.
11. Familiarity with the cannabis industry strongly preferred.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.