VISUAL MERCHANDISING DESIGNER
High Road Studio is looking for a creative, detail-oriented Visual Merchandising Designer who works well independently and in a fast-paced group setting. The Visual Merchandising Designer will be responsible for developing concepts, producing drawings and specifications, and overseeing the installation for all visual merchandising components of our cannabis retail design projects. This position requires a true hybrid candidate, skilled in graphic design, visual merchandising, 3D rendering, and industrial design with a strong understanding of modern cannabis retail.
01. Conceptualize and develop compelling visual display solutions and associated graphic signage to maximize sales, education, and brand integration for our cannabis retail clients.
02. Design standalone POP displays, product stands, item displays, retail fixtures, and in-store installations.
03. Manage and organize files of all products in the client’s product assortment.
04. Produce work that accurately and consistently reflects the design direction and brand guidelines for each brand, program, and retail location.
05. Produce 2D drawings and 3D models for all proposed visual elements, product displays, signage, and brand moments for presentation to our internal design team and to our clients.
06. Specify and source materials and elements for the visual merchandising package, including buy-out and custom fabricated items.
07. Create detailed specification packages for each brand or location.
08. Develop planograms and installation instructions for Client use after the initial installation.
09. Perform test-fits and final installations as well as in-store staff trainings and post-installation follow ups as needed.
10. Communicate effectively in a cross-functional team and present ideas and designs effectively.
Desired Skills & Experience
01. 4+ years experience in visual merchandising, retail design, graphic design and/or industrial design or a related field.
02. Bachelors degree or higher in a related field.
03. Passion for design, cannabis and culture.
04. Must have a strong understanding of cannabis retail, cannabis products, and how they are consumed and shopped. Prior experience in cannabis retail design or operations preferred.
05. Professional experience with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and SketchUp (or similar 3D modeling program)
06. Substantial hand sketching and rendering ability.
07. Working knowledge of the full design process including Concept, Schematic, Design Development, Construction Documentation, Construction Administration, Procurement, and Installation.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolios to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.