GNOME GROWN | RETAIL INTERIOR DESIGN
Oregon City, OR
- Winner – 2018 Shop! Design Award – Wall Treatment
- Winner – 2018 VMSD Magazine Retail Renovation Competition, Conversion – Specialty Store, Sales Area under 10,000sf
- Honorable Mention – 2018 VMSD Magazine International Visual Competition
- Winner – 2018 Shop! Design Award – Specialty Food and Consumable Retailer
- Finalist – 2017 Retail Design Institute’s International Design Competition – Store of the Year
Gnome Grown Organics’ two retail cannabis locations in Oregon City, OR are the embodiment of a brand dedicated to legendary organic cannabis cultivation practices, stewardship to nature, and a passion for quality. Every detail of the brand’s retail experience is inspired by the life story of one of their founders and carefully crafted to connect with each and every visitor in the most subtle and authentic manner.
A palette of natural materials, contrasting textures, and cheerful colors come together to create a boutique shopping environment for viewing and purchasing Gnome Grown’s carefully curated selection of cannabis products. Authentic wood finishes in hickory and reclaimed Douglas Fir ground the palette in warm, natural textures. The brand’s color palette of blues, browns and greens is placed into each space through other natural elements: turquoise green patinaed copper, dark brown stone counters, wool patchwork rugs, linens, ceramic penny tiles, and interior plants.
One-of-a-kind signature brand elements are woven into the space to create a whimsical experience for each guest:
- Custom entry door pulls created from wood garden tool handles wrapped in hand-stitched leather and attached to the front doors with powder-coated turquoise Gnome
- Custom shadowboxes in each lobby of larger-than life wood insects, each part of the “Army of Critters” that are so vital to the soil in organic farming
- A topographic map that jumps off of the wall in the flagship location’s showroom, telling the story of the early days of the founder’s training in organic farming
- Hand-made oil rubbed tin cloth upholstery that greets customers at the reception desk and appears again in the product displays in the showroom was inspired by the founder’s choice work apparel, which he has donned while cultivating his plants for many years.
- Colorful powder-coated Mason jar lids– the tried and true storage container of cannabis lovers– display individual buds of flower on custom-designed hickory and linen trays.
The two boutique stores are located 30 minutes south of Portland in the quaint, historic town of Oregon City.