TEXAS ORIGINAL CANNABIS COMPANY (TOCC)
This project is an excellent example of how designing an authentic brand and carefully considered retail experience has the power to shift cultural attitudes and expectations, in this case changing viewpoints on plant-based medicine.
Starting with brand identity development, The High Road Design Studio partnered with the client to develop a logo that conveys a true sense of Texas Pride, quality medicine, and professionalism. Drawing upon strong Texan iconography, such as the state map and the Texas Ranger Badge, a distinct mark was created. As Texas Original Cannabis Company, also known as Texas Original Compassionate Cultivation (TOCC), the logo establishes a strong position for the brand as the authentic Texas leaders they are, evoking confidence and trust in their patients and communities.
The brand also communicates their dedication to serving the special needs of their epileptic customers and families through their investment in an 840-sq.ft. retail space. The owners took great care to conduct community outreach and engage with patient focus groups to understand their customers’ fears and challenges as epileptics. The High Road Design Studio was challenged to provide a design solution that minimizes dangers for seizing patients, such as hard surfaces, sharp edges and obstacles that can pose tripping hazards. Due to a condensed project schedule, specifications also needed to be made from readily available stocked sources. The High Road Design Studio responded with a design that was achievable within the time constraints, a solution that provides comfort and puts customers at ease.
- A black awning highlights the main entry
- Barn lighting accents
- Water-jetted metal logo
- Pine planter boxes and bench
Lobby and Dispensary Area
- Designed to reflect the comforts of home with the cozy appeal of a living room
- Ceramic tile entry provides durability
- Inlaid carpet tile area rug for a put-together look without the tripping hazard of a loose rug
- Custom country-inspired reception desk
- A rough-wrap graphic logo application on brick wall
- A slightly vaulted tongue and groove ceiling and creamy board and batten style walls
- Full upholstered seating, so it is soft to lean, grab or fall against
- Round coffee tables eliminate sharp edges
- Lightweight side chairs are easy for staff to move
- Media consoles with soft rounded edges from Pottery Barn are used for retail display fixtures.
- Texas-based imagery communicates the authentic, community-focused mission of this brand